Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Visting the West

Maddie and I went out to the West Coast this October to visit Aunt Amber. The weather was cool, but beautiful, and Amber and I got to show Maddie some of our favorite places, like Powell's book store and the Japanese Gardens.

We've learned that Maddie is a better flier than I am. While it was clear the pressure change bothered her a bit, she was mostly content to fiddle around with the flight safety instructions and smile at all the passengers behind us. I don't believe I'll be making a habit of flying with an infant, but she's also a pretty good at distracting me from the noises and bumps that make me so nervous.

While there, Maddie popped out her 2 front teeth, adding to the one that had already come in. As of this writing we're up to 4. And, to our great terror, she stood unassisted for a good 5 seconds as she played with a Tupperware bowl. She is growing too fast.

We're all grateful to be home--when we first returned Maddie wouldn't let Jeanie out of her sight. She'd crinkle up her face and cry whenever she left the room. It sorta made Jeanie feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment